Registry Annual Report
The Australasian Oncofertility Registry Steering Committee will publish a report annually. The report will use aggregated data held by the AOFR to assess the quality of ‘oncofertility care’ in Australia and New Zealand; the reproductive health of cancer patients following cancer treatment and the number of natural and assisted pregnancies following cancer treatment in the following way:
- Fertility preservation consultation by age, gender, socioeconomic status, cancer type and treatment;
- Uptake of fertility preservation with details of fertility preservation strategies, complications which will be examined by age, gender, socioeconomic status, cancer type and treatment;
- Reproductive health status of cancer patients by age and cancer type before and after cancer treatment
- Family planning outcomes (natural and assisted reproductive technology) by age, cancer type and treatment (pregnancy, live birth and pregnancy complication rates)
- Subgroup data interpretation for paediatric cancer and the most common adult cancers in this age group (breast, ovarian, sarcoma, leukemia and lymphoma’s)
The Australasian Oncofertility Registry has a Australasian Oncofertility Registry Publication Policy (Version 1.4 dated the 14th October 2014) which is compliant with the National Operating Principles for Clinical Quality Registries.
National reporting will begin after the first full year of data collection, which we anticipate to be in the first half of the year in 2016. It is envisaged that as the registry develops, detailed reports will be generated and published. Aggregated outcomes from the research projects will be published in peer-reviewed journals. Results will also be summarized on the FUTuRE Fertility website, after approval has been sought from the AOFR Steering Committee.